Sunday, April 22, 2012

Let the repairs begin



I contacted our local Jayco dealer to order parts to repair the damage from the blown tire.

Well I guess with the current shape of the economy, Jayco MAY respond to their emails about the parts needed sometime ???

I cannot wait forever, as I need to go to the Midwest SOON..

So, it is time to repair the damage ourselves.

The above image shows the damage from the blown tire, splitting the inner fender well in half

The above images show the repair of the plastic fender well, on both sides I applied adhesive pond liner tape, on the inside I added sheet aluminum, sealed the underside with silicone sealer, screwed the panel with screws through to the plywood on the other side. This will keep the housing waterproof and the plywood gives it rigidity.

 Tires removed, electric brake wiring needing repair, filler panels between the fender well and the lower aluminum panels need to constructed, Pretty ugly?

Hope to be finished tomorrow...........



No comments:

Post a Comment