The box houses 4 Trojan T- 145 6 Volt deep cycle batteries, and all of the wiring that was previously exposed.
The aluminum construction of the box will provide better protection form the elements compared to the plastic boxes with bungee chord strapped lids, although they did last 6 years.
I also changed the face plate for the solar charge controller remote display, discarding the wood black painted panel with a aluminum panel.
I removed the Doc Watson gauge, and replaced it with a lighted digital meter so I can be read it in the dark.
The meter on the top left is also a new meter for the wind charger that will give a digital readout of the output from the wind charger when it is running.
Can't wait to see how it works, but that will have to wait for a couple of weeks.
Below are some building stages of the project:
|The beginning of the frame to hold the batteries|
|The frame bolted together|
|The box being fitted to the trailer|
|The old combiner box|
|The new combiner box inside of the battery box|