Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day 2 of trip Snowbird & RTR

The second day was even colder than the first day.
We left Albuquerque around 6am, having a hard time keeping the camper warm.

We traveled down I-25 to I-40 headed for Arizona. while traveling across the high plains of New Mexico the low temps went to -10 degrees.

I kept the camper furnace running, it never shut off, at one time I stopped for fuel and the temp in the camper was 40 degrees.

The temps never got close to freezing until I got to Phoenix, I decided to keep moving to chatch up with some warmer weather.

I arrived in Quartzsite about 5pm. Tired but warmer.
Said hello to some of the folks from last year, then went straight to bed.

The next day I started to set up camp

So, I have put out most of the stuff for a long camp stay

There are quite a few dogs here,  many not on leashes, Cody is not too sure of this guy, I have heard he is quite mean and bites, But, Cody did not have any trouble with him.

The participants of the RTR have daily seminars, with a separate theme to prepare newbees with information on how the mobile lifestyle  can be navigated.

The Tiki Bar has been another hit this year

This a photo of tonight I will try and get a better photo later using the tripod

I will be having guests tomorrow for Pheasant Nuggets
More to Come

No comments:

Post a Comment