Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Yuma Army Proving Grounds






I went on a little trip to check out a local lake (Lake Mittry) that is used for local irrigation for the agriculture here. ( They grow strawberries, lettuce, grapefruit, dates, oranges, etc).

There are free boondocking camping sites around the lake with a 10 day limit. (I went to check them out)

After driving around the lake, heading back to Yuma, I saw static displays of US Army artillery

So, I stopped and took some pictures
To enlarge the pictures..... Click on them












Sherman Tank

You can see where bullets hit the tank

























































I know many who follow the blog are having severe winter weather.

The weather in Yuma is not as cold or snowy But we are having pretty strong winds, they predict the winds to last 'till Thursday.. So far this evening my wind indicator shows a max. of 50.5mph.
The wind charger is working pretty good :)

Stay warm everybody

No comments:

Post a Comment