Sunday, November 11, 2012

Rocket Stove Prototype

For the last couple of weeks I have been researching rocket stoves, I decided to build one on the cheap using stuff I had laying around, I wanted to make one that I could take camping, using it to cook, boil water, maybe even make attachments to for a water heater.

So, here is the first one (prototype) to play with and learn the good and bad of these things.

The five gallon an is filled with perlite purchased from Home Depot (in the garden dept)
The rectangle tubing measures  4 inches wide by 3 inches wide, the chimney is 4 inch round pipe
The can is an empty 5 gallon lacquer thinner can.

A rocket stove burns pretty hot and uses sticks to burn instead of larger amounts of wood.

I am planning on playing with it some tomorrow.

2 comments: